Monday, March 28, 2011

Customer Experience

Lately I've encountered too many small businesses who don't seem to understand what it means to "take care of your customers". It seems that too many businesses fail to communicate to their clientele and treat them with respect. It's been a frustrating experience to say the least!

I contracted with a tech guy who promised me completion of a project by Wednesday, then Friday, then Sunday. When nothing came through on Sunday and I inquired about the status and was informed that he was "too busy". Never mind the fact that he failed to communicate that to me earlier. Instead he kept telling me it would be done and pushing out the date. In the end, he decided he was too busy to complete the project for me and recommended that I find someone else to do it. All he did was waste my time by putting me off for 1 1/2 weeks. You can bet he won't get my recommendation!

Or how about my experience with a service provider who encouraged online scheduling. I went ahead and scheduled my services only to get an email saying that if I was using a GroupOn coupon, it wasn't valid for online scheduling. No where on their website does it say you can't schedule services if you're using a GroupOn coupon. Then when you call the business, all you get is an answering machine! Very frustrating.

The morale is to treat your customers as you would like to be treated. If you do that, you'll be sure to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment